Welcome to SORBA-Huntsville, the mountain bike community’s resource in North Alabama.
Why are we here?
The Huntsville chapter of SORBA (Southern Off-road Bicycling Association) supports mountain bike advocacy, builds and maintains trails for multiple users, and serves as a resource for the mountain bike community of North Alabama.
Our club was founded in 2005 and is affiliated with IMBA (International Mountain Biking Association), the largest nonprofit mountain biking organization in the world. Our members partner with land managers at The Land Trust of Huntsville and North Alabama and Monte Sano State Park to create and maintain trails and trail systems for mountain bikers and hikers to enjoy.
Through advocacy, education, and recreational opportunities, SORBA carries out its mission to promote land access, trail preservation, and new trail development in order to enhance mountain bike touring, racing, fun, and fellowship for all mountain bicyclists in Huntsville and Madison County.
What do we do all year?
- Host Trail Days to build and maintain trails in our area
- Summer Time Trials 10-week Race Series
- Family-friendly events including the Spring Picnic and Fall Scavenger Hunt
- Pick up litter on our Bankhead Parkway Adopt-A-Mile
- Social Events showcasing Huntsville’s finest tap rooms, local bike shops, & restaurants
- Weekly women only skills development ride during daylight savings time
- Road trip rides and camping